How I make my fractals
I use many different programs to make my fractal images. Here's a list of everything I use:
- XaoS, for basic 2 dimensional fractals. Allows for custom formulae and many different coloring modes.
- Power Fractal, runs on PowerPC Macs and makes 2D fractals, but I prefer Fractal Domains.
- Fractal Domains, my favorite software for making 2D fractals on MacOS 9 - OSX 10.5.9 (Sorbet Leopard).
- Mandelbulber2, an amazing and easy to use 3-dimensional fractal software for MacOS, Linux, and Windows. Allows for literally infinite possibilities, and is one of my favorite programs for creating 3D fractals.
- Mandelbulb 3D, similar to Mandelbulber2, but Windows only and allows for very complex and precise manipulation and combination of 3D fractals and primitives. All of my fractal animations were made in this software.
2D Fractal Images from XaoS
3D Fractal Images from Mandelbulber and Mandelbulb3D